Thursday, June 9, 2011

Silverstone press meeting previews Round 6 action

Jorge Lorenzo, Casey Stoner, Valentino Rossi, Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow were there at Thursday’s Silverstone press conference to preview the sixth round of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship – the AirAsia British Grand Prix.

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.com/

The official AirAsia British Grand Prix press meeting took place at the Silverstone circuit on Thursday, with the most frenetic part of the MotoGP season happening with the first back-to-back race weekends of 2011. The race is the second visit to Silverstone since the British circuit was reinstated on the calendar in 2010.

Last year’s race winner and defending World Champion Jorge Lorenzo is eager to regain some of the pace he knowledgeable here when he landed a stunning victory from pole position in his first outing at the circuit in his title-winning campaign.

“I raced aggressively; technically it was the best race of last year. I think this year we are lost some tenths, so maybe at this track I can recover (them).”

Casey Stoner, winner of the last GP race in Catalunya, described his presentation at Silverstone last year.

“Last year I really enjoyed this circuit, I had a pretty good pace but unhappily I had a clutch problem at the start and I didn’t know if I would be able to finish the race at the start, so I was a little too cautious,” said Stoner. “ultimately by the end of the race I was able to catch up, but I had I had some arm pump issue at the end which exaggerated me. But we showed that other than Jorge, we were the fastest out there.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive