Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Barberá prepared to ride after injury

The Mapfre Aspar rider is ready for the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France following a vertebra fracture at Estoril.

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.com/
Héctor Barberá heads to Le Mans with his self-assurance recovered and the news that the fracture in his vertebrae continued at Estoril has already fused. A crash on the opening lap of the Grand Prix of Portugal left the Mapfre Aspar rider in pain and not capable to ride in the test but within a week he was able to resume his personal training programme. The Le Mans circuit was the scene of one of his best results of last season - eighth place - and he is looking forward to option up on the excellent progress he had made previously this season before the Estoril crash.


“Le Mans is a circuit I like a lot and I tend to go well there. I had one of my best results of last season there and if I was able to do that in 2010 then I should be much enhanced this time around. After a crash on the first lap of the last race I am frantic to put it behind me this weekend, especially because I know I could have done well in Portugal so I feel like I have incomplete business. I am totally improved from the injury, I have been able to train and luckily there were no problems so I am very aggravated. The first sector at Le Mans stands out to me because it is so fast and I also like the final bend into the front straight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive